Friday, March 04, 2005

Udaipur III

I'm still here in Udaipur after nearly a week, soaking up some relaxation & time not on the bicycle. I can become a bit driven & so it's been good to just stop for a while - not that a week is all that long. My plan is to cycle to Ranakpur tomorrow, about 90km to the north of here, and then a little further north to Kumbhalgarh to do some sightseeing (Jain temple, fort, etc.) I'll most likely return to Udaipur for a day & then get a bus from here to Mumbai where I'll hang out & explore the place by bicycle for a few days before departing.

I have enjoyed Udaipur though, enhanced by having met Marianne, a Swiss woman, and John, an Australian, who curiously lives fairly close to me in Melbourne. It's been good to eat out, walk about & generally hang out with someone who enjoys these things.

1 comment:

steve said...

Hi! I paid a visit to Udaipur, the 'City of Lakes' a few months back and came to know that it is not without reasons that the city is considered to be one of the most romantic in India.

Rajasthan offers a number of travel options for visitors from different parts of the world. Whether one is looking for wildlife, adventure, culture or pilgrimage, Rajasthan has it all and that too in smash-hit proportions.